Thursday, February 17, 2011

Fierce

The competition at the flower show in the photo category was fierce this year. There were some fantastic pictures. I knew when I dropped off my photos that I would not do as well as I have in previous years.

And I was right:


Third Place – Digital Color



Honorable Mention– Digital B&W







Second Place– Computer Enhanced Color






Third Place– Computer Enhanced B&W



Ironically, the photo that did the best almost didn’t get entered. I don’t have a photo printer so I send my pictures to the local CVS to be printed. Their photo processor always prints too dark, so I lighten everything before I send it. No matter how much I lightened the photo of the allĂ©e, the colors came out dark and muddy. I didn’t care for them and would have left out the photo except it costs nothing to enter, so what the heck. I had nothing to lose.

Everyone loved that photo. One person has even offered to buy it.

But I still don’t like it.

No comments: