Saturday, November 8, 2008

Backgrounds

Salvia Black and Blue
6/17/08

This is one of my favorite photos from this year. It easily qualifies as a “Photo of the Day”. I was trying to photograph the salvia while being mindful of the background. I chose an angle that would capture the form and color of the salvia blossoms that also included the foliage of the hosta growing at the base of the pot containing the salvia.

I love the contrast in colors and shapes. The dark blue against the bright green background. The linear flower stalk against the ovals of the leaves. In fact, I liked the result so much that I use it as the wallpaper on my PC.

2 comments:

joey said...

You have captured two of my favorite companion plants and color combos ... indeed, this shot deserves the title "Photo of the day"!

OldRoses said...

Joey, the combination of the salvia and the hosta was accidental, but I agree, they are lovely together.