Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Blooming in My Garden

I'm having trouble with composition. I get so involved with my subject that I consistently overlook the details around it.

Anemone


In this case, I was so focused on the anemone flower that I literally didn't see the buds. They ruined what I was trying to accomplish.

Anemone


Sometimes, though, the details inadvertently add to the composition. Maybe the more artistic types who read this blog can explain how, but in this case, the bud adds so much to the picture. It's just perfect. I love it.

Impatiens

Shasta Daisy


I tried shooting this container from so many angles, but just couldn't find one that completely kept out the railing (the black line along the side).

Hydrangea 'Nikko Blue'

I love the rosy color my blue hydrangeas become in the fall.

2 comments:

joey said...

I see you are training your eye to compose in the camera. Good job ... your second anemome shows the beauty of the plant. Isn't it fun? (I too love the rosy blue hydrangea)

OldRoses said...

Joey, I'm learning to be more careful of details. It's frustrating though. I'm not a terribly patient person. Good composition takes a lot of time and effort. I just want to keep shooting.